Audit Trail

Thursday, August 09, 2007

It wasn’t long before the thrill of owning a lappy died off. Soon we realized that it meant nothing more than training.

Someone mentioned that auditors have fat asses. I can almost see why, with out butts glued to the chairs more often than we would have liked it.

People are nice though, I figured we’re really treated like the most important resource within the company, so there’s really nothing much that I can complain about.

During the third day into work I came to a horrible realization that my group mates are nothing like my friends’ group mates in the other 2 of the Big Four. I expected lots of drinking and dinner in the first week, bonding sessions, and in any circumstance, mass lunch outs.

Sad to say I ended up crashing other people’s party half the time.

I wonder why?

The thing about auditors is that any gathering, any at all, somehow leads to a conversation that revolves around “the preferred treatment” and “the reversal entries”, resulting in a pandemic of yawns amongst the non-auditors. This strain of virus causes drowsiness even in young healthy adults.

No cure has been discovered to date.